The 14th Muslim Day at the Capitol (MDAC) is on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. You can help convey the concerns and needs of the Muslim community to the legislators.
Muslim Day at the Capitol consists of three components:
- Training is provided for participants on how to interact with legislators and lobby them for your concerns. The training is scheduled to start at 8:00 am in Conference Room 316, 3rd Floor, State Capitol. A light brunch will be provided.
- A rally is held at 09:30 am at the State Capitol Rotunda. All participants gather to hear elected leadership and community leaders speak to the Muslim community.
- Attendees go in small groups to meet with legislators and speak to them about Muslim concerns. We are making appointments on behalf of attendees as we speak.
Join your Muslim neighbors – doctors, engineers, business people, senior citizens, high school students, college students, stay at home parents and many many others – to show the strength and diversity of the Muslim community in Minnesota. Participants in the MDAC will have an opportunity to meet State Legislators to discuss issues relating to education, immigration, healthcare, and civil rights and help bring about positive social change. It is very important for the Muslim community to interact with our legislators and be positive participating citizens in the larger community.
Current List of 2018 Co-Sponsors
- AbuBakr Assaddique Islamic Center
- Abu Huraira Islamic Center
- Alif Center
- Al Amal School
- American Muslims for Palestine (AMP)
- Brooklyn Park Islamic Center (BPIC)
- Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Darul Farook Center
- Gems of Light Academy
- Hikma Academy
- Islamic Center of Minnesota (ICM)
- Islamic Civic Society of America / Darul Hijrah
- Islamic Community of Bosniaks in Minnesota
- Mankato Islamic Center
- MAS Blaine Community Center (MBCC)
- Masjed Abubakr Al-Seddiq (Rochester)
- Masjid Al Ansar Islamic Center
- Masjid Al Huda (ICCC)
- Masjid Al Ihsan
- Masjid An Nur
- Masjid Ar Rahman (MCC)
- Masjid At Taqwa
- Masjid At Tawba (ICCC)
- Masjid Omar (24 Mall)
- Minnesota Deaf Muslim Community
- Muslim Youth Leadership Awards
- North West Islamic Community Center (Masjid Al Kareem)
- Pearls of Hope
- Rawda Community Center
- Reviving the Islamic Sisterhood of Empowerment
- Sisters Need a Place
- South Metro Islamic Center (SMIC) Rosemount
- Tawfiq Islamic Center
- Al Madinah Cultural Center (AMCC)
- Confederation of Somali Community Minnesota
- Dar Al Qalam Cultural Center
- Iman Hussein Islamic Center
- Islamic Association of Mankato
- Islamic Center of the Twin Ports (Duluth)
- Islamic Center of Winona
- Islamic Community Center of Minnesota / Masjid Al-Iman
- Jaafari Islamic Center
- Shanta Link
- Tawhid Islamic Center
The Muslim Day at the capitol is organized by The Muslim American Society of Minnesota (MAS MN) in partnership with The Isaiah Muslim Coalition.
Our Gold Sponsors for this year are CAIR MN as well as Masjid An-Nur.