The 15th Muslim Day at the Capitol (MDAC) is on Wednesday, February 26th, 2019. You can help convey the concerns and needs of the Muslim community to our legislators.
Muslim Day at the Capitol consists of four components:
- Training is provided for participants on how to interact with legislators and lobby them for your concerns. The training is scheduled to start at 8:30 am in Conference Room 316, 3rd Floor, State Capitol. A light brunch will be provided.
- A rally is held at 09:00 am at the State Capitol Rotunda. All participants gather to hear elected leadership and community leaders speak to the Muslim community.
- A group photo is held at the steps of the state capitol. We encourage everyone to attend the photo session.
- Attendees go in small groups to meet with legislators and speak to them about Muslim concerns. We are making appointments on behalf of attendees as we speak.
Join your Muslim neighbors – doctors, engineers, business people, senior citizens, high school students, college students, stay at home parents and many many others – to show the strength and diversity of the Muslim community in Minnesota. Participants in the MDAC will have an opportunity to meet State Legislators to discuss issues relating to education, immigration, healthcare, and civil rights and help bring about positive social change. It is very important for the Muslim community to interact with our legislators and be positive participating citizens in the larger community.
The Muslim Day at the capitol is organized by The Muslim American Society of Minnesota (MAS MN) in partnership with Islamic Association of North America (IANA) and The Muslim Coalition of ISAIAH (MCI).
These following organizations are also sponsoring Muslim Day At The Capitol (MDAC):
- AbuBakr Assaddique Islamic Center
- Al Amal School
- Bilal Oromo Dawah Center
- Community Interfaith Dialogue on Islam
- Confederation of Somali Community Minnesota
- Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Dar Al Qalam Cultural Center
- Darul Farook Center
- Islamic Association of North America (IANA)
- MAS Blaine Community Center (MBCC)
- Masjid Al Ansar Islamic Center
- Masjid Al Ihsan
- Masjid Ar Rahman (MCC)
- Masjid At Taqwa
- North West Islamic Community Center (Masjid Al Kareem)
- Pearls of Hope
- Reviving the Islamic Sisterhood of Empowerment
- Shanta Link
- South Metro Islamic Center (SMIC) – Rosemount
- Tawfiq Islamic Center
- Tawhid Islamic Center of Minnesota
- Islamic Civic Society of America / Darul Hijrah
- Islamic Community of Bosniaks in Minnesota
- Islamic Community Center of Minnesota / Masjid Al-Iman
- Masjid Al Huda (ICCC)
- Masjid At Tawba (ICCC)